[Tutor] Linux/Windows

nik my.mailing.lists at noos.fr
Tue Oct 26 10:24:06 CEST 2004

If you want to try it out for yourself, but don't have a spare computer
for linux, then have a go at a 'live CD' of linux. This is a bootable CD
which it runs linux on your system without touching the windows
installation that you have there now (ie take the CD out and reboot and
you're back to windows - it doesn't install any files to your harddisk).
It sets up the hardware and graphical desktop automatically, so it
shouldn't be too scary.

www.knoppix.org provide a free version - just download and burn the iso
image. I'm fairly sure that it has python installed on it as well, so
you shouldn't need to install anything extra.

nik