[Tutor] MS Word and MS Excel on Linux

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Sat Oct 23 16:15:44 CEST 2004

Rumor has it that Kent Johnson may have mentioned these words:
>I'm sorry, I still don't understand what you are trying to do, what the
>problem is, or how you think Python might help.

About the only decent "best guess stab" at this I could add is:

One of the latest versions of OpenOffice (1.1.2) for windows has a module
that will let it interface with Python, and it will open MSWord and MSExcel
files. Maybe the Linux version has the same module?

Also, for the OP: Sharing files and directories is all built into
the  network functionality, not something derived internally in Python.

Hope this helps,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | A new truth in advertising slogan
sysadmin, Iceberg Computers | for MicroSoft: "We're not the oxy...