[Tutor] Why doesn't this filter FutureWarning?

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Wed Oct 20 06:48:41 CEST 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Kent Johnson wrote:

> Wow, this one had me stumped for a while!

You and me both!  Thanks for the response.

>      num=num & 0xffffffff

You know, it occurred to me that ANDing a value with all ones was
essentially a no-op, so I just deleted the line and everything was fine.
(This was from a Python implementation of ping that I found on the web.)

But even after I deleted that, it bugged me that I couldn't account for
why the error could be masked off in the interactive session, but not
in the file.