[Tutor] methods versus functions (using lists as an example)

Luiz Siqueira cybersamurai at terra.com.br
Tue Oct 19 16:24:48 CEST 2004

Em 19/10/2004, às 12:29, Hans Fangohr escreveu:

> Dear all,
>
> I was looking at what you can do with lists in Python. There are
> basically two sets of commands: (i) methods doing something with a
> list (such as sort(), reverse(), count(), ...) and (ii) functions that
> take a list as an argument (such as sum(), max(), min()).
>
> I would expect that there is a rationale behind this choice -- would
> anyone know what this is or where I can find more information?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Hans
>
> Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
> Scan engine: VirusScan / Atualizado em 14/10/2004 / Versão: 1.5.2
> Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://www.emailprotegido.terra.com.br/

Well, if is you a beginner, you can start using the method "help" with
list as  argument
like "help(list)", there you can find the basic to work with lists.
Another good place is look
to a beginner tutorial in python.org, there are good and shorts
materials for explain
techniques and resources of each class related with lists.

Luiz Siqueira Neto
Cyber Samurai
Brazil - ES

MSN Messenger - cybersamurai_br at hotmail.com