[Tutor] Hello from a beginner!

Nicholas.Montpetit at deluxe.com Nicholas.Montpetit at deluxe.com
Tue Oct 19 17:12:49 CEST 2004

I'm completely new to this list (and Python) so I just wanted to say hello
and introduce myself.

I have a lot of experience with Perl, but I've been hearing enough good
stuff about Python that it seems like I'm overdue time to pick it up.  My
early readings (from O'Reilly's LEARNING PYTHON) lead me to believe that
it should be an excellent language for GUI apps, scientific computing, and
cross-platform apps.  Along with reading the O'Reilly book, I hope this
list will get me up to speed quickly.

Does anyone have an opinion on the MIGRATING FROM PERL TO PYTHON (or
something like that;  has a snake on the cover) book out there?  I'm
considering picking that one up.

Thanks, and I look forward to learning Python and participating in this
list!

Nicholas Montpetit
Deluxe Business Services
651-787-1008