[Tutor] Late Introduction

Jacob S. keridee at jayco.net
Fri Oct 15 03:29:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

    I'm sorry guys. It never occurred to me to introduce myself to you
before. Then on the mailing list someone else writes an introductory email
and I thought "duh stupid". I don't want to get on your bad side everyone.
    My name is Jacob Schmidt. I am a freshman in high school and I dabble in
Python and Javascript, writing miniscule things such as a program that
graphs functions using VPython or one that draws tangent lines to a function
to create what my dad describes as "string art on the computer." If you're
ever bored and want to look through a whole bunch of seemingly insignificant
and childish looking code, then write me an email, because I have several
programs I can send you! I wanted to know how to print to a file because I
was writing a (barely) functioning raw_input sort of barcoding interpreter
for the CueCat scanners. I don't quite have as much functionality as a
WalMart checkout desk, but it would do for what I want. The reason I want to
print a file -- or I guess I should say a string, it would be more
convenient -- is the fact that I wish to print receipts. I could most
possibly latch on to a receipt printer on ebay. Blah, blah, blah. I carry
on, don't I?
    I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself before. When I read the other guy's
email, I realized that I kinda started asking questions and giving answers
before anyone knew me. Hope this eases the tides a little. Talk to you soon
everyone!

Jacob Schmidt