[Tutor] memory checking

nik my.mailing.lists at noos.fr
Mon Oct 11 15:28:58 CEST 2004

hi,

I've got a c++ app calling python functions - are there any way I can
check for memory problems (leaks etc)? Previously in my windows days
I've used Boundschecker or Rational Purify, but now two things are
different a) Python is in the mix, and b) I'm on linux - any advice
would be helpful.

My main concern is I'm not fully confident I'm using the Py_INCREF and
Py_DECREF effectively - I know when I'm decref'ing at the wrong places
as I end up with ref count 0 objects (and crashes), but I'm probably
overly incref'ing - obviously I'd like make things a bit less hit or
miss than that!

nik