[Tutor] interpreting error messages

Michael Knowles mknowles at fs.fed.us
Wed Oct 6 16:43:03 CEST 2004

As a newbie to Python, is there a website -- or other source(s) -- which
would help me decipher what error messages refer with respect to my code.
I know there must be hundreds of potential errors but any help in learning
how to decipher them, without having to post a message for every error,
would be greatly appreaciated.

For example,  what do the following errors refer to:
      TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'str'
      TypeError: iteration over non-sequence

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Mike Knowles
Information Systems Analyst
SI International
USDA, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station
2150 Centre Ave, Bldg A, Suite 361
Ft. Collins,  CO  80526
Phone:  (970) 295-5979
Fax:  (970) 295-5959