[Tutor] my own site-package

nik my.mailing.lists at noos.fr
Wed Oct 6 14:48:07 CEST 2004

hi,

I put my homemade python module into a subfolder of the site-packages
folder. However, while I can import the module ok, I get the error
'attribute not defined' when I try to access any of the functions or
variables.

Is there more to it than just adding the .py files into a folder under
site-packages? I have a __init__.py file with;
__all__ = ["mapping", "firebird", "variable"]
in it, which are names of the  python files in the folder I added.

Any ideas why I can't see the attributes? Also, do the .py files listed
in that __all__ need to be in their own folders?

nik