[Tutor] Regedit

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 1 14:21:11 CEST 2004

On Oct 1, 2004, at 12:16, Ali Polatel wrote:

> Hi Dear friends
> I want to ask a question today...
>  I want to learn if a python programme can make a change in regedit so
> that it will be auto-run when the computer is turned on.
> (os.system('regedit') is not enough)
> Regards

	For this, you have two possibilities. The first is to write a .reg
file that will make the necessary changes to the registry, then to run
it (probably just a matter of os.system('foo.reg')). I do not recommend
that, however, because you have to really know what you're doing (you
might end up doing Very Bad changes in the registry), and I discourage
the use of the registry anyway (it is IMO stupid, bloated, fragile and
evil).
	The other way is to simply make a shortcut to the program you want to
run, and place it in the Start Menu/Programs/Startup folder of the
current user (or of All Users, if you're so inclined).

-- Wild_Cat
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"