[Tutor] .pth instead of PYTHONPATH

Dave S pythontut at pusspaws.net
Wed Nov 17 21:58:51 CET 2004

Hi all,

I have several scripts that are in separate directories,  all under a
'gg1.3' directory
I am pleased with the scripts but I now need some scripts to import others.

I am working in '/home/dave/mygg/gg1.3/ftsd',  but I need to import
scripts from amongst others, /home/dave/mygg/gg1.3/logging where the
script logger.py lives

So I have created 'paths.pth' which contains the line
'/home/dave/mygg/gg1.3/logging'
& dropped it into '/home/dave/mygg/gg1.3/ftsd'

When I execute ./ftsd, the line 'from logger import log' gives,

bash-2.05b$ ./html_strip.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./html_strip.py", line 12, in ?
    from logger import log
ImportError: No module named logger
bash-2.05b$

In the past I have used PYTHONPATH successfully, can anyone tell me
where I am going wrong now ?

Dave