[Tutor] calling a CGI script

Jeffrey Thomas Peery jeffpeery at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 00:49:36 CET 2004

Hello I am trying to get a CGI script working, its my first time with this.
I push my 'submit' button on my html document and my cgi script appears on
my browser, it doesn't seem to actually run the script. Any ideas on whats
wrong? Thanks, I included my html and my cgi below.

Below is the test.html

<head>

<title>Test</title>

</head>

<h1>my form</h1>

<form action="c:/Program Files/Apache group/Apache/cgi-bin/test.cgi"
method="post">

</form>

Below is the test.cgi file written in python

#!c:\Program Files\Python\Python

#test CGI

import cgi

import cgitb; cgitb.enable()

form = cgi.FieldStorage()

print "Content-Type: text/html"     # HTML is following

print                               # blank line, end of headers

if not form.has_key("myName"):

    print "<H1>Error</H1>"

    print "Please fill in the name field."

    return

print "<p>My Name is ", form["myName"].value