[Tutor] CGI oddity

Jonathan Hayward jsh47 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 25 11:02:07 EDT 2004

http://JonathansCorner.com/etc/datamine/datamine0_0b.tgz

There is a daemon server and a thin web client which queries the server.
If, in the server, I change configuration_class.get_action_method() to
return "post" instead of "get" (so we have """<form ...
method="post">"""), queries frequently hang. I'd like to have the forms
use "post" so I don't have to worry about data size.

The thin client pickles and dumps cgi.FieldStorage() to a socket, which
is then read and deserialized by
multitasking_manager.handle_oracle_query() in the third line or so, in
the server.

Can anyone offer a suggestion that will fix or circumvent the hanging if
I use the "post" method?

++ Jonathan Hayward, jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
** To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork,
** games, and a four-dimensional maze, why not visit my home page?
** All of this is waiting for you at http://JonathansCorner.com