[Tutor] Return key from value

Magnus Lyckå magnus at thinkware.se
Sun May 16 16:44:31 EDT 2004

At 11:47 2004-05-14 -0700, firephreek wrote:
>Biggest differences between mySQL and PostgreSQL?

I'm pretty sure both will work for you. I wouldn't bother
switching if there was a usable MySQL installation available.

MySQL is optimized for systems where the read/write ratio is
high. I.e. it's optimized for fast searches, but not so good
at handling many transactions going on at once. A lot of
standard SQL features have been implemented fairly recently,
and I still think a lot is missing, and in many ways, it behaves
different than the SQL standard mandates. If you are a SQL
newbie, you aren't very likely to trip over these things.

Historically, MySQL has been faster than PostgreSQL, but the
difference has decreased as PostgreSQL has improved its
performance.

Magnus Lycka (It's really Lyckå), magnus at thinkware.se
Thinkware AB, Sweden, www.thinkware.se
I code Python ~ The Agile Programming Language