[Tutor] What is a fun basic game project. [uselesspython not being maintained?]

Gregor Lingl glingl at aon.at
Fri May 7 15:32:15 EDT 2004

Danny Yoo schrieb:

>Hi Sciboy,
>

>The Useless Python page might be fun for you... wait, it's down?
>

>There's a link to the old URL here:
>
>    http://uselesspython.com/oldindex.html
>

>But this is sad news that it's not being maintained!

Yes, really sad news. Thanks to Rob, he did a good and huge job.
So big, that he apparently didn't find anybody to follow him in
maintaining the site? (It was veryhelpful for me, when I started to
learn Python some 3 years ago.)

And concerning game-programming for beginners, there is the
notable livewires-package, http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/
which is "intended to teach the Python <http://www.python.org/>
programming language to
people who have never programmed before", and which
contains a set of funny and interesting games.

Regards, Gregor