[Tutor] Looking for feedback

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat May 1 04:39:51 EDT 2004

I've just uploaded the first few pages of my re-written tutorial.
The look and feel is a bit more modern (only slightly!) and is
based on the style sheet created for the Czech version by Petr Prykl.

The rewritten chapters contain more material, more diaghrams and
use VBScript and Javascript instead of QBASIC and Tcl as
comparison languages. There is more info on the alternate
languages too. They also try to address most of the comon
questions raised by newbies on this list - like how to stop
programs running and immediately closing etc...

I'd appreciate any early feedback on the new look, the new content,
and the use of VBScript and Javascript.

The new pages are the ones from the top down to "Add a little style".

The pages are here:

http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/tutor2/

Further chapters will be added as I get round to them, but don't
hold your breath, as it's a slow process and my time is short
at the moment.

The original tutor will still be around, at least until the new
version is completed, and probably in zip format for longer still.

Send feedback to me directly rather than to the list please.

Alan G