[Tutor] Cookies

Brian Christopher Robinson brian at dungeoncrawl.org
Sun Mar 14 23:15:16 EST 2004

I have a simple Python program that is used to back up entries on a
weblogging site called Livejournal.  Livejournal allows you to make posts
that aren't visible to the public, so you need to be logged into your
account to see them.  I need to make my tool able to log in to the site,
but I'm not sure how to do that.  I think it will involve cookies but I
don't know how to go about putting cookies into a Python program.  I did
find a cookie class in the documentation on python.org, but I couldn't
figure out what to do with it.

Any help or pointers on where to learn more about this stuff would be
appreciated.