[Tutor] accessing db data from pulldown on web page

Stanfield, Vicki {D167~Indianapolis} vicki.stanfield at ROCHE.COM
Mon Mar 1 09:35:04 EST 2004

Is it possible to create a web site which contains a dropdown that
searches a database based on what is selected from the dropdown? I have
tried this in PHP and it doesn't seem possible (according to what "the
experts" say). Here is what I want to do:

I have a mysql database containing some information. I want to go to a
web page (written in Python), select a name from the dropdown, and
execute a SQL query based on the name selected. It sounds very simple to
me, but I haven't done a lot of web work.

--vicki