[Tutor] New Python user on board

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 19:37:32 EDT 2004

> I currently work in Marseille, France, as a rendering technical
director (we
> are doing a full 3D animation feature film called "Magic
Roundabout").

Excellent, I heard that they were doing a film version. The Magic
Roundabout
was one of my favourite puppet shows when I was a kid :-)

> At this point I'm very new to Python but I have read the tutorial in
the
> documentation, it seems very promising. At this moment I'm mainly
looking
> into Python to in hopes to develop a rendering management software.
>
> I apoligize in advance for the tons of newbie questions that will
follow,
> and thank you in advance for your time.

Thats OK, its what the list is for. If you read the official tutorial
you might be a wee bit more adbvanced a newbie than many of our
readers,
but you are welcome nonetheless.

Also if you know VBScript/JScript you might find my new online tutor
useful
since it teaches basic Python but using VBscript and JScript as
comparison
languages...

Alan G
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/tutor2