[Tutor] Please critique my Fraq.py

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 19:51:49 CEST 2004

> This is the second time in a couple of weeks that IDLE has failed to
> execute code correctly. The first was when I was trying to use
> msvcrt.getch().

As I explained elsewhere IDLE is being sensible in this case.
But...

> Whew! Guess I should stick just with the command line for execution
of
> scripts from now on.

...this is one reason why I only use IDLE for testing things out
or writing small programs, I tend to use Vim and a DOS box for
anything serious, and I know I'm not alone in this.

OTOH I do know Python programmers who live in IDLE quite happily,
they learn its foibles and live with them.

Alan G.