[Tutor] alphabetizing a file by lines

Dragonfirebane at aol.com Dragonfirebane at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 02:23:41 CEST 2004

In a message dated 7/18/2004 1:02:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, orbitz <orbitz at ezabel.com> writes:

>What sorting algorithm have you implemetned? selection sort? insertion
>sort? quicksort?

Well, I was kind of writing my own; one that looks at the first letter of each line and if it begins with 'a' writes it to an 'alphabetizedfilename' file first and if there are no a's it skips to the next letter, etc. However, I need to work on how it handles multiple entries with the same starting letter. (I'm not at my house until friday so I won't be able to directly send the code.)

--
"n thats the way the cookie crumbles"

America's Favorite Cookie