[Tutor] Re: Program Questions

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Fri Jul 16 08:11:20 CEST 2004

Adelein and Jeremy <adeleinandjeremy <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> > You need quotes around string literals, pieces of text that were
> > never assigned a name.
> She did have quotes.
> This is what you apparently saw:
<snip>

I saw no quotes in the message. Something odd going on with the editor?

> This is what I saw (there are single quotes around each string
> literal):
<snip>
I see question marks in this one. Some encoding issue?

On to the original poster:

The code at http://rafb.net/paste/results/88yf5V76.html looks a lot better
though. Except for the mismatched parens already mentioned (line 39 and 42),
you're trying to subclass something called "base" in Account. This "base"
doesn't exist - it's not a built-in and you haven't defined it. You should
instead subclass object.

If you fix these issues, the program seems to work nicely.
You might want to have a look at the lines using

  str(time.strftime("%d %b %Y")) + '$' + str(amt)

I think you'd be better off pulling it out into a function and/or using a format
string and certainly putting a space between the date and the amount.

Yours,

Andrei