[Tutor] Automation

kumar s ps_python at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 14:20:02 CEST 2004

Dear all,
 I have ~ 50 tar gzipped files and they have thousands
of files with .dta and .out extensions.  These files
are from mass spectrometer runs.

 I have another program that combines all the .dta
files in to one large combined program.
Until now what I am doing is - taking one tar gzipped
file, unzipping and untar it in to a directory. Then
using the small program that combines all the .dta
files in to one single .dta file.  After this I am
cleaning all small .dta and .out files.

Doing this for each tar gzipped file is pain in the
neck.  Is it easy to write a small python program?
How should I write.  Please can you provide some help.

Thank you

SP