[Tutor] How to enable pausing my timer.py ?

Christian Wyglendowski Christian.Wyglendowski at greenville.edu
Wed Jul 7 22:56:31 CEST 2004

Which is I believe what the Timer object in the threading module lets
you do:

>>> import threading, sys
>>> t = threading.Timer(10, sys.stdout.write, ['Done'])
>>> t.start()
...(waits for 10 secs)...
>>> Done

Documentation for the threading.Timer object can be found here:
http://docs.python.org/lib/timer-objects.html

In order to pause one, I think you would need to send the thread a
signal, but that sort of magic is beyond the skill of *this* python hack
;-)  Maybe I'll play around with it and see if I can figure it out.

Christian
http://www.dowski.com