[Tutor] Python equiv of perltidy?

kevin parks kp8 at mac.com
Mon Jan 26 00:23:42 EST 2004

Is there a python equivalent of perltidy or some of the pretty printers
that you see for c?

I drag a lot of stuff off of the net and from my other platforms and
such and there is always
extra whitespace and line ending Tab and indentation issues and just
plain funkiness. I usually
fix it by hand, but it suddenly occurred to me that if i had such a
thing to send my scripts
through before i posted them here, i might not have the problem that
Alan G. just pointed out to
me and that is that the code i just posted looked pretty in my mail
prog, but came out doody on
his end cause i probably forgot to convert to do the entab detab dance.

cheers,

kevin

(of course no matter how much you tidy perl, it's still perl, which by
its very nature is untidy)