Re: [Tutor] report ala jasper

Magnus Lycka magnus at thinkware.se
Fri Jan 23 09:53:28 EST 2004

> is there a python counterpart to jasperreports of java?

I guess RML2PDF is the closest, but it costs thousands of
dollars...

It's based on ReportLab, which is free though. ReportLab
is a fairly generic PDF API, and it's not more aimed at
producing reports than CAD drawings or books. Actually,
I think the same could be said about RML2PDF, but it's
XML-based (like Jasper), while ReportLab is a Python API.

See www.reportlab.com

If you are using Windows, you can also use the COM interface
in win32all to feed data into Excel etc.

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN
http://www.thinkware.se/  mailto:magnus at thinkware.se