[Tutor] Starting a basic RS232 application?

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Wed Jan 14 14:41:02 EST 2004

Rumor has it that credo may have mentioned these words:

>On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:10:56 -0500, "Todd G. Gardner"
><piir at earthlink.net> said:

>[snippety]

> > In asking myself, what is the best way to learn how to write a simple
> > RS232
> > communication software I was thinking of using pyserial and writing a
> > laplink type of software.  I was thinking that this would teach me how to
> > write serial communication software in python23 to simply transfer data
> > between two local Windows pcs.

[snippety]

>I'm also interested in this. If someone could lend there experience :)

<MODE='AOL'>
Mee Tooo!
</MODE>

I'm interested in this for 2 reasons:
1) I'd like to get into learning to program some Atmel microcontrollers I
have, and
2) being able to communicate with my 'oldie but goodie' Tandy Model 200
laptop - eventually making a Winders and/or Linux floppy drive emulator
(the floppy drive worked at 19200 thru the serial port...)

Thanks,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Profile, don't speculate."
sysadmin, Iceberg Computers |     Daniel J. Bernstein