[Tutor] help leraning python

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 20:24:00 EST 2004

> I 'm learning by myself the Python's language,
> starting from an e-book
> called 'How to think like a computer scientist'
> traduced in french by Gerard
> Swinnen
> Some exercises are difficult and without solution
> described in the e-book
> Does somebody know where I can find the solution, or
> other examples with
> their comments, to support my learning lessons?
> Thanks a lot

How to Think Like a Computer Scientist is one of the
harder tutorials. Some easier tutorials include
Learning to program and Non-Programmer's tutorial to
Python. Personally, I prefer the latter because the
former actually teaches Python, BASIC, and Tcl, but
it's really a matter of opinion. They are available at
http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/
and http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/
respectively. If by traduced you mean translated
(traduce means to malign), I don't think you will be
able to find any tutorials other than How to Think
Like a Computer Scientist that have been translated
into French. Although Learning to Program has been
translated into six languages, French is not one of
them. If you're stuck with How to Think Like a
Computer Scientist for that reason, you can always ask
the people on this list for answers to excercises (or
if the other people on this list don't like that, you
can email me privately for the answer).

Daniel Ehrenberg