[Tutor] Mailing Made Simple - Multiple Recipient Problem

Steegness steegness at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:54:22 EST 2004

Thanks to the help of the excellent Python docs and various code snippets Google coughed up, I've been able to create a pretty decent mailing module that can accomodate attachments.  It's quite nearly done, save for one last issue I've been facing.

It doesn't seem to send to multiple recipients well.  When passed the info for its TO field, only the first recipient listed recieves an e-mail; all others are seemingly ignored.

I've been able to work around it for the time being by having the calling functions loop over the list and send e-mails one at a time, but as I will soon be needing to send larger attachments with the procedure, that overhead becomes more and more costly, and so I come and prostrate myself before the list.

To keep your inboxes cleaner, the code can be found at http://www.basicintellects.com/users/pokerface/SimpleMessage_notest.txt.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.
--Sean