[Tutor] Intercepting Form data and passing it back

Chris Heisel chris at heisel.org
Thu Feb 26 12:18:04 EST 2004

Hi,

I've got a data form on a Web site that currently points to a CGI script
  of my client's CMS.

I'd like to write a script that could accept the input from the data
form, do some massaging and filtering of it, and then send it on to the
original CGI script as a POST request.

I figure I can use the cgi module to handle the incoming data from the
form (who's target I'd change to point at my new script), no problem.

But how would I go about sending the data back to the CGI script via
POST (how it is currently sent from the form).

Can I use httplib? Is there a good tutorial or information on the list
or online that might help?

Thanks,

Chris