[Tutor] How to create a splash screen using wxpython

Christian Wyglendowski Christian.Wyglendowski at greenville.edu
Thu Feb 26 11:21:21 EST 2004

> On Feb 25, 2004, at 7:53 PM, Don Arnold wrote:
>

> > On Feb 25, 2004, at 3:13 PM, chekuri at uchicago.edu wrote:
> >
> >> I know what wrappers are and have programmed them during a
> c course,
> >> but I am
> >> new to python and cannot make heads or tails of the
> wxpython classes.
> >> wxSplashScreen seems to be the that should be used to
> create a splash
> >> screen,
> >> but what is the function that wraps around the constructor
> function of
> >> spashscreen from wxwindows?
> >>
> >> In brief my question is how to create a splash screen
> using wxpython
> >
> > Check out the demo that comes with wxPython. I don't have
> it installed
> > on this machine, but I believe it's all.py in the demo folder (not
> > sure of the exact path).
> >
> > HTH,
> > Don
> >
> Scratch that. I just realized that I'm thinking of the Pmw demo for
> Tkinter.
>
> Sorry for the confusion,
> Don

I think this is what Don was talking about.  Search for the class
MySplashScreen in the file (Win32)
C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\demo\Main.py or (Unix)
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/demo/Main.py.  It's right
around line 95 in my copy of the file.  That should show you how to do
it.

Christian
http://www.dowski.com