[Tutor] Socket connection refused

Joshua Banks syn_ack at comcast.net
Wed Feb 25 09:00:19 EST 2004

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 03:43 am, Djoumy . wrote:
> sorry i'm not really good in english so maybe what I said wasn't very
> clear. So : launching the server and the client in a (separate)
> command prompt doesn't work I still have a "connection refused"
> error, I suppose you're stumped :)
> I'll try to launch it on another computer, but if it works correctly
> that will mean the problem is coming from my computer... I really
> don't understand why, since I got a Windows XP professional (SP1)
> without any specific running process.
>
> Djoum's
>
> P.S : By the way, each time I answer a mail of Tutor, it creates a
> new thread. How can I do to avoid this ? (I tried "answer" and
> "answer to all" but doesn't work)

Djoumy, do you have the WinXP firewall turned on? If so, maybe this is
whats causing your "Connection Refused". But you said this works when
done with IDLE on the same XP machine. Just a shot in the dark.

I'm not sure what you mean in your "P.S." statement. I'm not sure how
"tutor at python.org" has thier mail server setup either. You didn't say
what kind of email client that your using either?

HTH's,
Joshua Banks