[Tutor] Arrgh! Paths on windows!

Guillermo Fernandez Castellanos guillermo.fernandez at epfl.ch
Tue Feb 24 11:12:29 EST 2004

Try either:
tmp = os.path.normpath("c:/Documents and Settings/Joe Blow/Local \
Settings/Temporary Internet Files")

or put everything in one single line.

The problem is that you split your string in 2 parts, and the interpreter tells
you that he find the start of the string but not the end.
your command is equivalend to type:
 >>> tmp = os.path.normpath("c:/Documents and Settings/Joe Blow/Local

SyntaxError: EOL while scanning single-quoted string

in IDLE :-)

Guille