[Tutor] MySQL and Python?

hcohen2 hcohen2 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 23 09:21:33 EST 2004

Ian Binford wrote:

> Where can I look for MySQL support with Python?  I'm coming off of
> PHP, and MySQL is my current language of choice  :)

Ian,

Start here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python

I really have no experience with MySQL, hence, I cannot be of further
assistance.  One question, however, what do you mean by " ... MySQL is
my current language ... "?  I thought it was a database and while there
are different procedural coding of SQL to query, extract and store data
I usually do not think of that as a language.  Now Python, that's a
programming language.

Hope that is of some assistance.  Also go to the python.org site and
searrch further for more information.

Herschel