[Tutor] help with regular expressions

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor at venix.com
Thu Feb 5 19:29:33 EST 2004

I believe that much of David Mertz's book, "Text Processing in PYTHON"
is available on-line.  He has a good section on regular expressions.

Most of the other general Python books including Martelli's  and Christopher's
cover regular expressions.  I believe that Python regular expression syntax
matches pretty closely to the extended syntax in egrep, etc and also to Perl's.

Google should also be able to help.  I've stumbled across lots of regular expression
articles over the years.