[Tutor] Executable file version in windows

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 4 18:08:35 EST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Michel B=E9langer wrote:

> How can I query a file executable (exe, dll, com)for its version
> including the revision, i.e.
>
> exemple:
>  >>>queryVersion("someprog.exe")
> 5.1.2

Hi Michel,

Hmmm... This is a very specific question to the Win32 platform; you might
have better luck asking on the Python-Win32 list for this one.

From=20some initial Googling, it appears that you may need to get access to
the VERSION.DLL Windows library:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;EN-US;139491

We can get access to such DLLs through the Dynwin package:

    http://www.nightmare.com/~rushing/dynwin/

Unfortunately, that's as far as I can go; I don't run Windows.  *grin*
Talk to the Win32 folks at: