[Tutor] O.T.

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Dec 29 15:56:00 CET 2004

Age 49, two children, getting divorced :-(
Live in New Hampshire (US) with one daughter.
In love with computers and programming since forever (well, maybe only since 1968 or so...)
Working as a professional programmer mostly since 1977. Languages I have actually been paid to
program in include
Assembler for PDP-11, Z80, 8086 family
FORTRAN
C / C++
Java
Jython

The company I work for now is mostly Java, but I have managed to introduce Jython to a couple of
project and most of my work has been in Jython for the last year or so (hooray!!). Programming in
Python is a lot of fun. The downside of that is that it makes Java and C++ (both of which I used to
like a lot) look like a lot of work for little result.

I taught an Introduction to Programming with Python course for a local adult ed program last fall
and I will be teaching Python for Programmers in the spring.

I like answering questions on the Tutor list because
- They are like little puzzles to solve, and I like puzzles
- I learn a lot - many times a question will be about a part of Python that I don't know, so I learn
enough to answer the questions
- OK I admit it, it makes me feel smart :-)

If you really want to know more about me see my web site
http://www.kentsjohnson.com

Kent