[Tutor] Environment Variables On Windows

Mark Kels mark.kels at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 16:42:42 CET 2004

Hello to all :-)

I'm writing a CGI script (one of my first ever CGI programs and I'm
using this tutor to learn CGI: http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/cgi/
This isn't a python tutor, but the introductions says that any
language will be good for this tutor.
Anyway, I got to the Using Environment Variables chapter that is in
this page: http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/cgi/ch02_02.html.
This is UNIX environment variables (as I understand), and I guess they
will not work on Windows...
So what are the Windows environment variables and how can I use them
with python (like any other variable or in a special way?) ?

Thanks!

--
1. The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the
day they start making vacuum cleaners.