[Tutor] Tix NoteBook programming problem

Guillermo Fernandez Castellanos guillermo.fernandez.castellanos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 06:16:56 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to work with Tix. The lack of examples
and avalaibility of documentation for TCL only do not help :-(

It does not work because when I start the program, the red and gren
buttons start blinking betweeb 2 or 3 different places, no matter what
the tab is.

Here is the code:

import Tix

root = Tix.Tk()

nb=Tix.NoteBook(root)
nb.add('hd',label="hard disk",underline=0)
nb.add('gf',label="soft disk",underline=0)

hd = nb.subwidget('hd')
gf = nb.subwidget('gf')

button1 = Tix.Button(hd)
button1["text"]= "Hello, World!"
button1["background"] = "green"
button1.pack()

button1 = Tix.Button(gf)
button1["text"]= "Bye, World!"
button1["background"] = "red"
button1.pack()

hd.pack()
gf.pack()

nb.pack()

nb.mainloop()

My experience in Gui programming is pretty low, any help would be apreciated.

Thanks!

Guille