[Tutor] removedirs ?

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Thu Dec 16 21:50:23 CET 2004

You misunderstand what removedirs does. It removes an empty directory; then, if the removed
directory's parent is now empty, it removes that, too, and so on until it finds a directory with
something in it or gets up to the root.

Try shutil.rmtree() or this recipe:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.2/PyWin32/Recursive_directory_deletes_and_special_files.html

Kent