[Tutor] MemoryError

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Fri Dec 10 13:50:25 CET 2004

Well, that's a regex only a mother could love. :-) I can see why you were happy to find the
(?P<text>) form of grouping.

You should compile textObj and urlObj outside of getVals. You could just pull the four lines that
create textObj and urlObj outside of the function (into global scope). You just have to compile a
regex once, then you can use it multiple times. Compiling is relatively slow so pulling it out of
the loop is an optimization.

Congrats on getting this working!
Kent