[Tutor] String matching?

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 12:11:56 CET 2004

Hi Kent,

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice on the regular expressions.
I've just created a regular expression which finds all 267 applets, my
.index iterations were producing some cockeyed results, so I tried re
in desperation, and it works, so simply. Looks pretty menacing, but
it's good.

Got to say, that re is very powerful, but that redemo.py you
recommended is brilliant for a beginner. I just wrote my re pattern in
there, and used it to troubleshoot.

So yeah, thanks again.

Regards,

Liam Clarke

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:06:34 -0500, Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:
> Liam Clarke wrote:
> > And thanks for the re, hopefully I won't have to use it, but it gives
> > me a starting point to poke the re module from.
>
> BTW Python comes with a nice tool for experimenting with regular expressions. Try running
> Python23\Tools\Scripts\redemo.py
>
> Kent

'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.