[Tutor] Problem with data storage

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu Dec 2 19:16:36 CET 2004

Mark Kels wrote:

> I'm building an app that needs to get input from the user and compare
> it to data that should be in some kind of data storage file.
> The problem is that I dont know what data storage file/module to use...
> I need it to be easy for the user to edit by himself (I don't want to
> make an UI to edit the file), organized as list of pairs (or a table)
> and multy platform (if no such thing then WIN only).

You might want to check out the ConfigParser standard module.  It
provides a convenient cross-platform way to create files that are
equivalent to the standard Windows INI files.  You get straightforward
key/value pairs organized into named sections.  The files are both
standard and easy to read/edit manually.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International