[Tutor] (no subject)

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Dec 1 12:01:41 CET 2004

Jeff,

I was looking through your other posts and saw the question about pickling and the one about
detecting changed files. It makes me think, if you have control of both writing and reading of this
data, you should consider a multi-user database. Then the database will take care of all the
concurrency issues for you. If you are only appending to the database then checking for new items is
just a matter of counting rows in the db. If you also change items you could store a time stamp in
the db and check it periodically for changes. With a db you can retrieve sorted data or subsets easily.

Kent