[Tutor] Useing Functions

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 22:06:20 CEST 2004

> be honest, I wish I could use Python instead of Basic, but somehow I
> don't expect a port of Python to the Pick database virtual OS
anytime
> soon... :P )

Ah, what a week for memories. First Amdhal, now Pick.
I think it was around '87 I came across Pick. I didn't know
it was still being used. Is it ancient legacy or are they
still supporting it.

Dick Pick was the guy running the company if I recall?

They did have a Unix wrapper for Pick at one time...
but then again, going by the performance of my memory
this week, maybe not! :-(

Alan G.