[Tutor] Python spawning extra processes

Glen Wheeler adsl5lcq at tpg.com.au
Fri Aug 13 05:16:16 CEST 2004

  Hi Britt,

  I believe this is something to do with Tkinter.  Try running the program
from the command prompt.  I myself never use my IDE (win32all for me) to run
programs, always scripts (/batch) and always the command prompt.
  When I did alot of Tkinter programming (a few years ago now...may have
memory issues ;) I recall that terminating the program by CTRL+ALT+DEL still
left a ghost process.  This is why I suggest execution from the shell.

  HTH,
  Glen

PS.  I'm using a different account to post this because my other e-mail is
dying...hope this does not offend the list admins.