[Tutor] Comma at the end of a print command

Kent Johnson kent_johnson at skillsoft.com
Sun Aug 15 02:18:07 CEST 2004

Output with print will always separate values with spaces. If you want
finer control you can write directly to sys.stdout (which is what print
does). For example:

 >>> print 1,;print 2
1 2
 >>> import sys
 >>> sys.stdout.write('1');sys.stdout.write('2')
12>>>

Note that write() will never append a newline to the string you give it; if
you want a newline you have to specify it yourself. Also note that a more
common way to eliminate spaces in print statements is to format your output
with %, but that won't work in this case.

Kent