[Tutor] Entry box + browse button

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 14 21:24:40 CEST 2004

> The tkFiledialog module workes for me

Oops! Spoke too soon.

I had a search through Grayson's Tkinter book and he doesn't
appear to have a reference to that one!... Just checked again
and now that I know what to look for, sure enough it's there, but
only one example so far as I see..

> i want to have the possibility to Either enter filepath
> in the box Or browse after the file using tkFileDialog.
> I dont know how to combine the two choices.

>From what I'm reading you just have a method attached to
your browe button that launches the dialog. The return value
appears to be the selected filename.

What have you tried and how did it fail?

Sorry for the bad steer,

Alan G.