[Tutor] Help on Python to PostgreSQL and CGI

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 7 13:08:47 CEST 2004

> language to fetch data from PostgreSQL

Use the DBAPI and the postGres driver module
See the DBAPI topic guides/section of the Python web page.

Also here is a series of artocles on using Python and
PostGres under Lunux:

http://www.billworkgroup.org/billworkgroup/home/Doc/BillInstallLinux/DebianPostgreSQLInstall

> and display it on a website where user to search from.

Use the cgi module for that and if you want to there is
an HTML formatting module somewhere on the net too. Its
not part of the standard library but it looked fairly
useful once you get beyond simple HTML embedded in a
string.

HTMLGen is the module...

http://starship.python.net/crew/friedrich/HTMLgen/html/main.html

Here is an article about it.

Standard CGI processing in Python is described in another article:

> I'm really lost. I wonder if the CGI tutorial on the python
> website :http://www.python.org/doc/lib/module-cgi.html,
> worked for my case?

It should do.

HTH,