[Tutor] reading forms

Priyanka ppareek at ualberta.ca
Thu Aug 5 01:14:12 CEST 2004

Hi,
I have created a html form that posts the comments posed by a visitor
to my website. It has a text area for letting the visitor write the
comment in. However when I use cgi.FieldStorage() to get the string in
the text area, it is not printing out the '\n' character of the string.
Thus,
even when I use the string.replace() function to replace the '\n'
characters with <br:>, it is not doing so.

Also, is there any method by which the browser would not interpret the
HTML tags in the comment area and print them out as is?

thanks,
ppareek